I Dream of
- Seeing a giraffe in the savannah of Africa
- Spotting a killer whale
- Visiting the Galapagos Islands to see its unique inhabitants: turtles, iguanas, and birds (blue-footed boobies anyone?!?!? sorry I had to)
- Experiencing elephants in their natural habitats – Asia and Africa
- Horseback riding with nomads in Mongolia
- Learning to scuba dive, so I can fully experience manta rays off the Kona Coast, Hawai’i
- See wild camels in Northern China/ Mongolia
- Cuddling a wombat in Australia
- Rescuing (adopting) a pet
- Scouting out the world’s three biggest birds in the wild. I have the ostrich and cassowary left!
- Riding horses with the gauchos of Argentina
- Volunteering at a reputable elephant sanctuary
Australia & New Zealand
- Swimming with a horse in Rainbow Beach, Australia
- Stalking emus in Mareeba, Australia
- Watching two platypus playfully interact in Queensland
- Beaming as kangaroos and wallabies hop around, one with a joey in her pouch!
- Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef and seeing these little Nemos in real life!
- My first bird-watching tour ever. With a guide so enthusiastic about birds that it made me smile. And become a bird nerd in the meantime.
- Spotting a saltwater croc, safely from a boat!
- Cuddling a koala
- Patiently waiting for and finally seeing a kiwi in the wild on Stewart Island. Sadly I couldn’t get a picture as you have to head out at night with a red light – a flash scares them. So here’s a cool picture I found on Birding New Zealand. Cause kiwis are so quirky and fun to look at.
- Admiring the world’s smallest breed of penguins – the little blue penguins – in Oban, New Zealand
- Getting (emotionally and physically) attached to a sloth in the Amazon of Brazil and learning that they are my new favorite animal.
- Trekking to see orangutans in Sumatra